Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bungee Jumping


Hey, everyone! Welcome to my blog. My first post!


I finally got this up and running(...well, at least I think I did). Let me know what you think. Feel free to comment on any post. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My plan with this blog is to give you sneak peeks at cool and interesting stuff, and to publish my thoughts, adventures and experiences.

I would like to use this post to share one of my passions-bungee jumping. I am enamored of the exhilarating experience of bungee jumping. It is an activity that involves jumping from a tall structure while connected to a large elastic cord. The thrill comes as much from the free-falling as from the rebounds. The tall structure is usually a fixed object, such as a building or a bridge. It is also possible to jump from a movable object, such as a helicopter, that has the ability to hover over a fixed spot on the ground.


As I look over the edge of the bridge, my toes hanging out over a drop the size of a fifteen story building, I feel mesmerized. Crouching down, I plunge into the colossal chasm below. As I leap into the oblivion, I feel more alive than ever before. The thrill of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds and flying into a canyon above a hastening river is electrifying. After a brief stop, I go rocketing back at the bridge. Spectators of all ages stand in awe, witnessing the many people who just have to do it. There's nothing like the satisfaction that comes with bungee jumping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heres ur first
bungee jumping surely is an adventure sport which gives an out of the world feeling and though i've never tried it myself the mere thought of it gives me goosebumps all over.............it must surely be exhilirating guessing by your description and i anxiously await the day when i'd first get 2 try it............lucky you...........well done

Abhishek Rai said...

Remember to be careful....Some people break their ankle in the bargain !